Aspiring author climbing her way out of the slushpile.

A woman made of prose and poem seeking the keys to publication.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Requested

I've been sending out queries of my middle-grade manuscript The Strange World of Neve Rimbel for the entire year, nobody ever reads anything but that one page summary. Well when I checked my e-mail yesterday in my inbox was a message saying Re: query. Usually those are always letdowns. "Sorry not for us." "Not right for our list." But someone actually requested the first chapter of my book. I am delighted. I know a rejection can follow. But it's nice to know that someone read a few pages before turning you down. So here's to hopefully having more people interested in reading the first chapter.

I won't wave the white flag on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment