Aspiring author climbing her way out of the slushpile.

A woman made of prose and poem seeking the keys to publication.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Three

Well I now have three completed manuscripts. Two are middle-grade fiction and the other is young-adult. All three are fantasy adventures. They're a little under twenty thousand words each. I'm quite proud of what I've been able to muster. As far as sending them out to agents, I dunno. The Strange World of Neve Rimbel hasn't been doing too well.

Of course the first manuscript you write might not led to publication. It might be the third, fourth, tenth. I don't want to give up on this, it's my passion. I know the bar is set pretty high. And the Potter books are the precipice of children's literature. And since so many MG/YA fiction are thick volumes it might be quite hard to sell something that's a little scant.

No comments:

Post a Comment